Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Some news and some squid

So I almost forgot to tell you guys!! I tried squid a while ago! It's was interesting. I only took the smallest bite possible, so I think it was rubbery, but it was hard to tell. It was from a street vendor and fried right in front of our eyes. The flavor was really good from whatever sauce they put on it, but I'm still not sure how I feel about eating suction-cups.

Also, latest news is that my teaching responsibilities have changed. My friend Tessa had to go home this week (which, by the way, has been devastating--I'll miss her so much!! She's the one in the pictures above), and because we're already so short on teachers, they're shutting down the ILP program at my school completely and now I'll be a regular teacher at the same school I live at every day. Today was my first day teaching my new kids and tomorrow will be my last day teaching my old ones. Feelings on the matter? Well, I'm glad to have much easier kids to take care of and schedule that I actually like better. But, I will miss some of my really sweet kids as well as all the awesome Chinese English teachers at my school. I am totally torn on how I should be feeling! So, I guess I better just choose to be really excited about it all :) 

I'll put up pictures and maybe even some video tomorrow of my last day with my kids and my favorite teachers!


No comments:

Post a Comment