Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Memory: Eleanor walking

I found this old blog post that I never posted for some reason. It was fun reading though, and I figured it would make a good memory post :)

Ellie walked tonight. Before this we've seen her take a couple steps here and there when she didn't think we noticed. But tonight was the real deal. Full on walkage! It almost made me cry for a second. But mostly laugh and smile.

She's getting so big which makes me SO EXCITED but sad at the same time. I just want her to stay my little baby! She is my true joy, I can tell you that much. We are so lucky to have her--she brightens up our lives like no one else could.

Mark and I were arguing the other day about Eleanor's upcoming birthday. I wanted to have a big party, he wanted it to just be us three. I think that sounds boring, he thinks it sounds... well, cheaper. We later came to a good compromise, but that night while we were arguing is when Ellie decided to really walk. She's taken a couple of steps before (really it's been basically us pushing her across the floor to each other), but this time it was like five whole steps! Out of nowhere! It calmed us both down immediately and we were SO excited--as only her parents could be. The videos are up on facebook now and the funny thing is that ever since then she hasn't really wanted to walk again. I think it's because she's not around other kids her size walking enough. I don't know.

The point is, she's such a blessing to have. If ever things get a little tense, it's easy to look at her cute, squinty, smile and realize whatever it is isn't that important. Granted, sometimes her whines can heighten the tension, but for the most part she's brought a new peace and love and joy in our home that is totally irreplaceable.

Here is another video I found of Ellie trying peas for the first time... unrelated to her walking, but hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment